Thursday, June 14, 2012

Change

So, I found an essay I wrote during my freshman year in college. Excuse the weak writing but I ain't going to edit it.

Change

Everybody, or at least a good number of people, would like to change at least one thing in their lives, whether it is a physical change or a mental change. I am definitely no exception. If I had the ability to change one thing in my life, I would change the life itself. I would choose a much more simple life where drama would not exist, and that life would have to be the life of a polar bear.

Polar bears, in my humble opinion, have it all. They basically eat and sleep all day. They even get to relax in winter, which is my favorite season of the year, for their whole life. Who needs a cell-phone or a television set when I could get the whole world of snow for myself to explore? It’s basically living the exciting life of the Discovery Channel with no commercials, and I know everybody hates commercials.

Now you’re probably thinking, “Is he serious, a polar bear?” Well, I am to an extent. I really would love their completely relaxed lives. These days, the world revolves around money. Let’s not kid ourselves for a moment: the whole purpose of getting a higher education is to get a higher stack of cash at the end of the day. Most of that cash goes to bills, bills, and more bills anyway. Money, however, is not the only concern in my life that would drive me to become a polar bear.

The biggest problem I would most want to get rid of would have to be that awful thing they call drama. I’m not going to go out of my way and say that my life is awful because of it; I’m sure there are billions of people out there with more problems than me. That, however, is not going to change the fact that I would prefer life without it. I won’t have to worry about petty things like, “Oh my gosh, Brandon just hung up the phone on me. That’s like, oh my gosh, so depressing!” I would no longer have to stress over my education, which ends up involving my parents, which ends up in drama. Being a polar bear would change all of that. The only stress I would have to worry about would be filling my stomach before hibernation.

So what better choice of change is there than to become a polar bear? If that was the essay topic, my essay would be a blank sheet of paper. Without the concerns of money or the worries of drama, it doesn't get much better than that. I still get the luxuries of eating my heart out, rolling around the snow, and raising a fine family of baby polar bears. On top of all that, I will also be sporting the hippest style in the world which would be polar bear fur. So while everyone's topic is probably changing their “C’s” into “A’s," I will be eating fish and relaxing in Alaska, and I would take that over an “A” any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment