Friday, July 2, 2010

Sky's ^ Limit

As always the late nights got me thinkin. I've come to the realization that we're not all meant to do great things. Looking through facebook right now, I noticed there are a few people who are in fact doing great things, but for the majority of the population that ain't gonna happen. I guess it's nothing bad, it's just maybe a little hard to swallow for some?

I mean we all grow up wishing, hoping we'd do something awesome, like become an astronaut, or professional athlete. But how many astronauts and professional athletes do you know? And I'm not saying since we're not doing something awesome that we're all some sort of failure. What I am saying is that we are all gigantic failures.. just kidding.

The fact of the matter is that not all of us are destined for true greatness. However, greatness is what we all aim for. We have to aim for the stars or else we'd never be pushing ourselves. In the end, as long as you love life, and end up doing something you love, that's what greatness is all about baby. Not all of us are going to be rockstars, but tons of us will become musicians. Not all of us will play professional football, but tons of us will coach high school football. So here's to us all, falling somewhat below greatness, which is still great.

-boomb00m

2 comments: