Sunday, July 11, 2010

All Grown Up

 
Do you ever find yourself thinking, "man it would be awesome to travel back in time and be able to fix all my stupid mistakes." I wish for it all the time, I would love to go back and tell little Dan to watch out for the thousands of girls who will ambush him and that even though this may sound awesome this would stop somewhere around high school once the girls realize how much of an idiot he is. I always thought it was be great to be able to go back in time and live a life free of regret and remorse.
However, this all changed when I watched a movie this weekend. In the movie, these two guys who are best friends end up not speaking with one another for years, until finally they break the silence when they learn one of them has a terminal disease. One guy brings up that he wished he could change the last few years between them. But the guy who is dying says that he wouldn't have wanted to change a single thing. Why? Well, because if he were to change the circumstances then things would've turned out differently and they wouldn't have realized the importance of their friendship and to cherish the time they still had. Simply put, you live and you learn. Through our mistakes we grow, often opening your eyes to things we may not have noticed before. Here are two friends who found out that good times are limited and to never take time you have with loved ones for granted.
So now, I realize that a DeLorean time machine may not be the answer to all my problems. I wouldn't be as wise as I am today, or if you don't think I am an the best thing since sliced bread than keep in mind I might've turned out to be an even bigger imbecile for never learning from my many mistakes. And I was just kidding about being a chick magnet, cause girls found out I was an idiot way before high school.
-boomb00m

No comments:

Post a Comment