Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Alternate Universe

Ever wonder what life would be like if you took a different path? Don't worry, I'm not emo/wrist cutter mode or anything, this is just what happens when I have nothing to do and my mind wanders. All I'm saying is think about the magnitude of every action, big or small, that you make. We have to keep in mind that, for instance, eating that cupcake in your hand could be the cupcake that starts your career as a professional cupcake eating champion.


Now think about the past, about things that you did to put you where you are at today. Like for me, I chose to not to apply to UC Irvine. I may have gotten in, maybe not, who knows. But I wouldn't have gone to UC Riverside, I wouldn't have met some cool people, and my life would've been totally different than it is right now. All because I was young and naive and decided against going to a school filled with Asians. This is only a small portion of what a mind trip this is for me.


I mean come on, just think about all the people you know right now, your friends, your enemies, your lovers. You had to have met them somewhere, somehow. Through mutual friends, in class, at the gym, who knows. My point is that you made an effort to get to know them, and now you are acquaintances. Now think about all the people you didn't make an effort in getting to know. That cute girl/guy you saw today that you were too shy to talk to, or the mutual friend you never got around to talking to. A small amount of interaction, and you woulda been amigos with those people. Think about all the people you could've gotten to know.. Crazay


Anyways I don't even know if I'm making any sense, but just know that every thing you do affects how your future turns out. Every person you greet, every goal you meet, every shit you beat, has a role in altering your life. 


Time for me to watch LOST or.. not, because by watching LOST my life could turn out very different.. hmm


-boomb00m

1 comment: