Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Mr. World Wide

Pitbull aka Mr. World Wide is one example of how powerful the internet has become. Because he literally can reach everyone with his music around the world. I don't think it's necessary for a child in Bangladesh to hear Pitbull's newest hit but he could if he wanted to.

And that is what's on my mind tonight. Just the pure power of how many people we can reach with our own voice. Not personally (I don't think anybody reads this), but can you imagine how much power a celebrity has. And that worries me. Why you ask?

Well let's put it this way. You have a kid, and that kid gets an iPad. Now wishful thinking is that he idolizes someone cool like Bill Nye. On the other hand he could idolize.. Chris Brown. I don't like that idea at all. And that's really all I wanted to put out there. That the fucking internet has become so powerful, and one stupid person's opinion could influence so many lives. And that is so scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment